The Michigan Animal Adoption Network (MAAN) is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization dedicated to animal care, rescue and adoption in Metro Detroit.
Our volunteers are engaged in many special promotions and other fundraising efforts to further our efforts in spaying/neutering, our street rescue program, veterinary care and educating the public on animal welfare issues.
MAAN also has a special street-team division called The Animal Care Network (ACN). ACN is a group of volunteers who spend weekdays and weekends in low-income areas in suburban Wayne and Oakland counties, providing care and assistance to pet owners with both indoor and outdoor pets. The Animal Care Network has won national acclaim and recognition for this unique program that “hits the streets” assisting animals in need of rescue or assistance.
Animal Care Network Statistics since 1994
- Over 130,000 visits/wellness checks
- Almost 17,000 dogs and cats rescued
- Over 20,000 dogs and cats vaccinated at vaccine clinics
- Almost 9,000 dogs and cats spayed/neutered through low-cost programs and collaborative efforts
- Over 10,000 visits/wellness checks
- Over 900 bales of straw delivered
- Over 200 dog houses delivered
- Over 40,000 miles on rescue and volunteers’ vehicles
- Over 2,000 volunteer hours
Complete statistics may be downloaded here: Animal Care Network Stats
- Raise public awareness about animal issues in the community through the media
- Educate pet owners about the importance of spay and neuter, animal cruelty issues and proper, humane pet care. Include children and teens in ACN interactions with the community.
- Recruit the community to volunteer at events
- Target and locate animals in need via door-to-door street technique to reduce the pet overpopulation and animal homelessness
- Rescue and assist outdoor and indoor animals in need
- Give dogs and cats a new chance at life and a much brighter future
Federal Tax ID #: 38-3152340